While it offers stunning scenery year-round, Vail is best known for its powdery winters and impeccable slopes. Our Vail, Colorado lodging is the perfect destination for a trip to the largest ski mountain in North America. Vail is a dream spot for winter sports and is considered one of the world’s best skiing locations. Our cheap hotel in Vail makes us the best destination for serious winter sports.
Not impressed yet? The mountain and the community surrounding our Vail, Colorado lodging boast some impressive statistics:
- Seven stunning bowls
- Seven miles in length, east to west
- 1,500 acres of corduroy snow each day
- 346 inches of annual snowfall on average
- 300 days of sunshine annually, on average
- 14 high-speed quads, a gondola, as well as 18 more chair lifts
- More than 70 restaurants
- Hundreds of shops: boutiques, galleries, outdoor gear, apparel, jewelry, and more
Vail Ski Vacation Winter Activities:
Be sure to try these winter activities when visiting Vail, all a short drive from our cheap hotel in Vail:
- Ride the Gondola: Located in Lionshead Circle, in the heart of Vail’s pedestrian neighborhood (10 miles from Comfort Inn Vail Beaver Creek)
- Adventure Ridge: A must for family fun. Try out the ski bikes, kids snowmobile track, and tubing (10 miles from our hotel)
- Ski and snowboard instruction: Enroll in ski or snowboard school today—classes are available for children, teens, adults, and groups. Private lessons and childcare are offered, too (10 miles from our hotel).
- General mountain tours: Depart at 10:30 each morning from Le Grand Rouge Coffee house at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola and from the top of the Vista Bahn at the Mid Vail Ski School desk. Please arrive by 10:15; tours last two hours (9 miles and 10 miles, respectively, from our hotel).
- Go ice skating: Dobson Ice Arena or Arrabelle at Vail Square in Lionshead Village both have winter rinks (10 miles and 9 miles, respectively, from our Vail ski hotel).
- Snowshoe tours: Vail Nordic Snowsports School at Golden Peak offers daily group and private tours. Call (970)-754-3200 for schedule and pricing. (11 miles from Comfort Inn Vail).
Check out these Vail ski and snowboard equipment rental locations within short distance of our Vail, Colorado lodging:
- Vail Village: 244 Wall Street, Vail, CO 81657 — (866) 317-3338
- Vail 21: 495 E. Lionshead Circle, Vail, CO 81657 — (866) 317-3338
- Golden Peak: 548 E. Valley Drive, Vail, CO 81657 — (866) 317-3338
- One Track Mind:610 W. Lionshead Circle, Vail, CO 81657 — (970) 476-1397
- You can also rent online and have equipment delivered to our hotel